1 small baking potato, dash of unsweetened almond milk, 1 leek diced into circles, 3 level tbsp peas, 1 small fillet of white fish (approx 100g), juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 handful of prawns, seasoning to taste.
A delicious alternative to a traditional fish pie.
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the potato and cook for 15-20 minutes. Drain and return to the pan, add the almond milk, season to taste and mash.
- Place the leek in the bottom of a small baking dish (roughly 20 cm) and season.
- Spread a third of the Greek yoghurt over the leeks and top with a third of the peas.
- Lay the fish on top with a third of the peas and season with salt, pepper and half the lemon juice.
- Spread half the remaining Greek yoghurt over the fish and top with half the remaining peas.
- Lay the prawns on top of the peas and season with salt, pepper and half the lemon juice.
- Smear the remaining Greek yoghurt over the prawns and top with the remaining peas.
- Cover with the mash and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbling at the sides and browning on top.
Vegetarian / Chicken Sausage and Broccoli Mash
4 vege / chicken sausages, 1 small broccoli head (approx 200g) broken into florets, 1 level tbsp butter to taste. (Plan any addition veg / salad you would like to add)
- Pre heat grill to medium - high
- Pierce the vege / chicken sausages with a fork and place under the grill for 15 mins (or per cooking instructions)
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the broccoli and cook for 20 mins (you need to cook for a long time so it is very soft!)
- Drain the broccoli, mash well and season to taste.
- Scoop the mash in to a serving bowl and top with the sausages to serve. Add additional veg / salad as you like.
1 large courgette, 1/2 small onion, 1/2 chopped garlic, 125g 5% fat mince, 1/2 400g chopped tomatoes - plus additional vegetables that you would like to add and seasoning
- Soften the garlic and onion with a small drop of oil of your choice (fry light or coconut oil or olive oil)
- Add mince and cook until browned.
- Add chopped tomatoes and season to taste (cumin and coriander is a favourite of mine with some chilli in too!)
- Grate the courgette into long strands (vertically down the largest slicing option on a cheese grater - or you can use a spiraliser).
- For the last 5 - 10 minutes add in the courgetti and allow to simmer.
- Remove from the heat and serve with a palmful of wholemeal rice and salad.
Smoked Salmon Stir Fry
1 tsp sesame oil, 150h mixed veg or 1/2 pack ready made stir fry veg, 2 eggs, 2 tsp soy sauce, 100g smoked salmon, seasoning to taste. Optional five-spice powder to spice.
- Place sesame oil to the pan to heat over medium heat.
- (Optional- sprinkle the veg with five-spice powder to give a seasoning twist). Add veg and stir fry for 3 - 4 mins.
- You can either crack the eggs straight into the pan OR whisk the eggs together and cook in a separate pan like making an omelette and then slice and stir through the stir fry.
- Add soy sauce and stir to coat the eveg
- Tip onto a plate and top with the chopped smoked salmon and season to taste.