Establishing healthy and fitness-focused weekly habits is essential for maintaining your overall well-being. Keep in mind that the specifics of your routine should align with your goals, fitness level, and any medical conditions you may have.
Here's a general framework for a healthy and fitness-oriented weekly routine:
1. Regular Exercise:
- Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise (e.g., brisk walking, jogging, cycling) or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic exercise (e.g., running, high-intensity interval training) per week.
- Include strength training exercises at least two days a week to work on muscle strength and endurance.
2. Balanced Diet:
- Consume a well-balanced diet with a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats.
- Limit processed foods, sugary beverages, and excessive amounts of saturated and trans fats.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay properly hydrated. The recommended amount varies but aiming for 8-10 glasses of water a day is a good starting point.
- Aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep each night to support recovery and overall health.
5. Stress Management:
- Engage in stress-reduction techniques such as mindfulness, meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises to manage stress.
6. Strength and Flexibility:
- Incorporate stretching and mobility exercises to maintain flexibility.
- Include core exercises for stability and overall strength.
7. Cardiovascular Health:
- Perform activities that improve cardiovascular fitness, like running, cycling, swimming, or dancing.
- Consistency is key. Stick to your routine and make exercise and healthy eating a regular part of your life.
- Set specific, achievable fitness and health goals to stay motivated and track your progress.
Remember, it's essential to personalise your routine and adapt it to your individual needs and preferences. Additionally, gradual changes are often more sustainable than drastic overhauls, so be patient and kind to yourself as you work towards a healthier lifestyle.
Establishing and maintaining weekly habits for health and fitness:
Establishing and maintaining weekly habits for health and fitness can have several benefits:
- Consistency: Weekly habits provide a structured and consistent approach to health and fitness. Consistency is key to achieving and maintaining your health and fitness goals. Regularly engaging in healthy habits, such as exercise and a balanced diet, can lead to long-term success.
- Progress Tracking: Weekly habits allow you to track your progress and see how you're improving over time. Whether it's tracking your workouts, nutrition, or other health-related activities, a weekly routine provides a clear timeline to monitor your advancements.
- Behavioural Reinforcement: Consistent habits can reinforce positive behaviors. Over time, these behaviors become more automatic, making it easier to stick to your health and fitness goals without relying on willpower alone.
- Stress Reduction: Having a set routine can reduce stress and uncertainty. You know what to expect each week, which can make it easier to manage your time and make healthier choices.
- Establishing a Healthy Lifestyle: Weekly habits help you build a healthy lifestyle. When you integrate health and fitness into your weekly routine, they become a natural part of your life, rather than something you need to think about or schedule separately.
- Preventing Procrastination: By committing to weekly habits, you reduce the likelihood of procrastination. It's easier to delay or skip activities that you don't have a regular schedule for. With weekly habits, you're more likely to follow through.
- Better Time Management: Weekly habits encourage better time management and organization. When you allocate specific times for exercise, meal preparation, and self-care, you're more likely to fit these activities into your schedule efficiently.
- Improved Physical and Mental Health: Engaging in weekly fitness and health habits can lead to improved physical health, such as increased strength, endurance, and reduced risk of chronic diseases. It can also have positive effects on mental health, reducing stress and improving mood and cognitive function.
- Long-Term Sustainability: Weekly habits are more sustainable in the long term because they're not overly restrictive or extreme. This can help you avoid burnout and maintain your health and fitness journey over the years.
Incorporating weekly habits into your health and fitness routine doesn't mean you can't enjoy flexibility or have occasional deviations from your schedule. The key is to establish a baseline of regular, healthy behaviors that you can consistently rely on, and then adapt and adjust as needed to accommodate your unique circumstances and goals.
THE RESET WILL SUPPORT YOU TO SET AND REACH PERSONAL GOALS, PRIORITISE YOU AND YOUR FITNESS, NUTRITION AND WELLBEING.
The Reset program is delivered through a personalised app including challenging, effective and time efficient workouts for all fitness levels with minimal equipment.
The Reset Program is a:
- supportive program to support you to break down barriers and building healthy, sustainable habits for exercise and everyday diet.
- teaches you how to love real food, make it work for real life, and do it all in a sustainable way.
- program is NOT a diet, a detox, or a cleanse, it’s a course.
- educates and equips you with the tools and information that you need to make the best decisions to reach your goals. The program teaches what you to look for, what to avoid, how to create balanced meals, how much to eat, when and why, and how to design a dietary plan that works for your life and your goals.
The Reset is delivered as an individual program but you can work as part of a group too. The main content is delivered through our Trainerize App which includes: videos on weight loss, food planning, calories and macro nutrients, emotional eating, goal setting, mindful eating and more; strengthening workouts; link to My Fitness Pal for calorie tracking meals and macro nutrient breakdown; weekly food planning forms and support as well as weekly review forms.
Key Topics which will be covered:
- Energy balance - getting the balance right for you with energy in (calories in) and calories out.
- Tracking calories / not tracking calories.
- Emotional eating.
- Mindful eating.
- Recognising barriers to reaching goals - lots of chat about mindset which is usually a main barrier to reaching those goals.
- How to enable yourself to create change one step at a time.
- Becoming friends with your body - listening to what it needs to be the healthiest version of yourself at this moment in time
For more information visit HERE or contact Kirsty: 07787 406 552 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Let me tell you more about me!
Hi, I am Kirsty and I am so glad you are here. I'm the founder of Infinite Balance Fitness - a service providing you support for your fitness and your wellbeing. We offer Personal Training, Fitball + TRX classes, Nutrition support and The Reset program.
Based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, with a passion to support and guide people like you in navigating their way to find that healthy balance with their physical, nutritional and emotional wellbeing.
Whether your goal is weight loss, body strengthening, toning up, feeling more energised and so much more - I can help you.
We will work together to help YOU to prioritise yourself and ensure you feel
fitter, stronger and happier...
Contact me! I would love to hear from you ...
There are 3 things I do know...
Exercise and eating nutritionally well contributes to your overall happiness.
Nobody else can DO IT for you.
The longer you leave it the further you are away from your goal.
You've got a choice!
Spend hours searching for the perfect fitness plan
Work with me and I'll keep it simple and fast track the process
Who knows..... maybe you will actually enjoy it after all
I hope to hear from you soon,
Life heading too much one way or the other?
Losing sight of time for yourself?
Steady weight gain?
Keep thinking that you will start tomorrow?
Feeling tired and sluggish?
Mood swinging one way and then another?
I can’t promise to halt all of these but I can help... Kirsty
infinite balance fitness
Be fitter. Be stronger. Be happier